Deep in south central New Hampshire is Henniker Brewing Company, in the town of Henniker, west of Concord and right by Pat’s Peak ski resort. At five years old, the brews reflect maturity and complexity, with accolades from local and national competitions. While staying classic with New England style hoppy beers, they also offer some more malt forward options, including a porter, tripel, and quad.
- Where are we? Henniker, NH at the Henniker Brewing Co.
- Why are we here? Cruising through NH on our fall getaway
- What are we drinking? Miles and miles dry-hopped IPA. Hop Slinger IPA. The Only Way IPA. Working Man’s Porter.
- Standout brews – Damn Sure IPA was excellent – strong and hoppy with a lightly malty character. The Flap Jack maple double brown is set to be released next week. We got a sneak preview today and loved the subtle maple flavor from Vermont maple syrup (from the Henniker Brewing’s accountant’s tree farm!) without the cloying sweetness usually associated with maple syrup.
- How’s the vibe? Despite being in an industrial building, the wooden bar and family-style tables lend a cozy charm. The open garage bay lets it lots of fresh NH air and light.
- Bottom line? Perfect spot for awesome brews and relaxed atmosphere. Staff are quite knowledgeable and make you feel welcome from the start. A great NH gem!