If you ever find yourself tucked along the border of Vermont and New Hampshire, this little spot offers a great sampling of classic New England hoppy beers. Open since February 2016, pales and IPAs are clearly their specialty, and today they had five hoppy varieties for us to try.
- Where are we? White River Junction, VT at River Roost Brewery
- Why are we here? Cruising around central Vermont as part of our fall getaway
- What are we drinking? Samples of their five beers on tap – Swamp Monster in Love pale ale, Front Porch Pickin’ IPA with local malt, Mo’rilla IPA, Mas Verde IPA, and Feet First: Idaho 7 single hop IPA
- Standout brews? Our favorite was the Swamp Monster pale ale due to its classic northeastern hoppy bite but complex flavor profile.
- How’s the vibe? Relaxed and small, standing room only. They serve free samples and growler fills only, but you can grab a pint of their stuff at Big Fatty’s BBQ across the street. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable.
- Bottom line? A great spot to try some high quality local brews and grab a cold growler to go.
One thought on “River Roost Brewery”
Pingback: Plan a Beercation to Vermont and Maine | Two Pints, Please!